Stop The OTA PUSH Update Permanently

Last Updated:

1. lhowdie

lhowdie New Member This Topic's Starter

Here is what I am seeing! I got a new Tmobile Vibrant. Used Samsung Kies to tether. Worked great until Tmobile sent an update to disable tehering so I got a new phone.Now the race is on. They are trying to push an OTA update that is trying to install which the vibrant to disable tehering again and the phone gives me 24 hours each time I delay the install. How do we stop the installation for good or can it be done on a non rooted phone at all?
    Thanks for your thoughts!
    lhowdie:)

Advertisement
  2. lhowdie

Did I ask a taboo question in the wrong place? Someone's got to have had this issue!

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

You asked a very good question, Ihowdie, and you asked it in the proper area for your rooted device.

Welcome to Android Forums.

As to your query, I do not think you can halt the attempts by the manufacturer or carrier to install an OTA update unless you root and flash a ROM which will not "see" the update (or that will disallow the update to "see" your device ;)).

4. bootsie

bootsie Well-Known Member

Like Frisco said, the only way I know of to not recieve an OTA is using a Custom ROM

Give a whirl, its pretty cool - All the cool kids are doing it - it will make you look older - ( is that enough peer pressure to try custom ROMS? )

5. lhowdie

Thank you! Thank you! Now I have seen the light.