Stop using lock button??Support

Last Updated:

1. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there anyway that you can get the screen to "wake" from just touching one of the softkeys and then enter the screen unlock pattern, rather than having to use the dedicated lock button on the side??

It's pretty annoying, especially if the phone is lying on the table and u just wanna look at the screen you cant just mash one of the softkeys...

Advertisement
  2. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Nope. That's a feature, or so they say. It would have been nice to have a setting for it, but at the moment there isn't one.

3. pegasus21

pegasus21 Well-Known Member

It's not practical to unlock from a soft key since if you put the phone in your pocket and you brush against the screen... it'll light up the screen. That will kill the battery faster.

4. Russ Dill

Russ Dill Well-Known Member

Hit the hang up key. You can the the time/date, your network, battery status, network status, and any alerts.

5. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Or, set up a profile in "Toggle Settings" called "Desktop", and disable the screen lock when it's charging.

(Although, on my phone I'm having as issue with TS that it "detects" the charger being plugged in about every 5 seconds...)

6. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It's the one flaw i've found with the phone. Everything else is brilliant on it, but the damn lock key is killing me! Having severe issues with it now and my car cradle :mad:

7. m4j3r

m4j3r Member

yeah I hate that too on that phone. Now I am using app called Lock 2.0, where you can turn on screen by touching any hardware button. After that you unlock it with touchscreen (iphone style).
    It's not really the best way for unlocking your phone, but still better then that side button.

8. hippy

hippy Well-Known Member

Are there any other options for this screen lock key?

I don't mind using the screen lock button on the hardware but can its response be 'sped up'? It really is too slow going from locked to status screen to fully unlocked.

9. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

It really is stupid. It should go straight to the 'PIN' pattern rather than the 'hold LOCK key' screen, annoying.

10. Andronix

Andronix Well-Known Member

'lock' app?