stop vibrating in silent modeSupport

Last Updated:

1. atomic8778

atomic8778 Member This Topic's Starter

My incredible keeps vibrating in silent mode. Is there a way to keep my phone vibrating in normal and vibrate only, but not in silent?

In addition to that, is there a quick way to go into full silent mode, meaning even alarms and media, without going through settings?

Thanks for any answers!

Advertisement
  2. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Airplane mode shuts down all communications of the phone. You still have local access. I hope this is what you are after. To access airplane mode long hold the power on/wake up button on top of the phone.. scroll down beyond power off to airplane mode.

3. incredible x4

incredible x4 Well-Known Member

I think they mean silencing all sounds coming from the phone.

Have you tried putting the phone in silent from the rocker in the side? I have my phone on vibrate 24/7 so I don't know if that works or not. To get there put the phone all the way down to vibrate and hit the up button once. This puts it in silence. Or just hold down the power button until the options menu comes up, and there is an option to go to silent from there.

4. atomic8778

That's not exactly what I was looking for.

I stillwant the phone to vibrate, just not on silent.

If youre referring to my 2nd question, I still want connectivity, I was just wondering if theres a way to turn off ALL sounds quickly.

i dont think airplane mode turns off sounds. I believe it just cuts off all communications with th phone, minus wifi if you turn it on.

Thank you though.

5. atomic8778

I can get into silent mode quickly,, but it won't turn off ALL sounds. Media and alarms will still have volume. im just wondering if there's a quick way to silence all.

But even in silent mode, my phone still vibrate, which is what I don't want. Imo, it kinda defeats the purpose of silent, since I have a vibrate only mode anyway.

6. atomic8778

Oh! I use handcent for my messaging if that matters.