1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

stopped reading external sd card

1. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

have you recently done s-off,or some other procedure that may have damaged it? maybe flashed a new rom thats not reading it?

if its just all of a sudden stopped working,that is strange. you might try some different roms and see if the prollem persists

Advertisement
    :
  2. manbat

manbat Member

When I restarted this morning a 5am ext_SD loaded and it has been working fine all day....we will see if it now sticks. It was kind of acting like something was failing to start during startup...maybe?
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Very possible.

If it happens again, I would try a 60 second battery pull.
    scotty85 likes this.
  4. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

keep us advised :cool:
    EarlyMon likes this.
  5. manbat

manbat Member

Well finally just started over....Wiped and re-flashed phone, re-rooted and restored Apps. Then copied and reformatted SD Card, copied back to card ......everything is fine so far. I feel pretty good about the results...I can now mount and remount the SD Card in Settings/Storage. When it was acting up if I unmounted the SD Card, i could not remount it. Everything would "gray Out" under External. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. [​IMG]
    scotty85 likes this.
  6. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

could be all you needed was a fresh start. when i run stock i gradually keep deleting things:)eek:) and do sometimes get to a point i need to start over or restore an earlier bacup because something has unexpectedly stopped working,lol :p
  7. manbat

manbat Member

My Rezound has been working perfectly since the start over...:). My battery life is back to all day+ again. !!!
    scotty85 likes this.
  8. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

cool! glad to hear it :cool: