Stopped Working OvernightSupport

1. Dean M

Dean M New Member

Hello,

My name is Dean, this will be my first and surely not my last post/thread on Android Forums. I'm a decorated Java Programmer who's been running into some slight... Issues with my phone. Here's the problem:

I went to bed last night around 5-6AM, before I went to bed I set an Alarm clock for 2:00PM, I put it to where I have to solve 7 Math problems for it to turn off. At this time, I went to bed. I woke up exactly at 2:56PM and my phone was not responding. It is not to my knowledge that the alarm went off, or if the phone was dead before that time.

I do the basics, hold the lock button down for merely two-three seconds to see if it died and started charging again. (Shows the battery and percent usually) it did NOT show this. I realized my phone was fairly hot, so I went and sat outside for a bit, smoked a cigarette, pulled the battery out, let it sit on my lap for about 5 minutes. Went inside, put the battery back in, and still NO RESPONSE.

I have no damage to the phone, I've kept in in an Otterbox and only have dropped it twice. No water, nothing.

Important:
    As I placed it on the charger as recently as typing this thread, it's been getting warm at the top of the phone, the bottom is fairly cold.

ALL help is appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Ijaz Ahmed

Ijaz Ahmed Well-Known Member

I doubt that it is a hardware problem and most likely the failure of the power/charging IC (MAX8997) which is located adjacent to the LED flash.

You need a professional repair service.