• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stoppin' by to say Hi!

MikeyV311

Aug 15, 2010
CT, USA
Hello Fellow Android users!
I ended up here after finally getting my first smartphone, an LG Ally! The guy at Verizon was trying to sell me a 400 dollar phone with a cradle and bluetooth ear-piece etc. but I knew better! hehe My 2 year contract had just been renewed and I had a 50 dollar credit plus upgrading flexibility, so I got the Ally for $100, plus a MIR for 100 bucks, so technically FREE! Now let me say, the switch from a flip phone to a smart one had me kind of wary at first. I am a computer technician, and at first was totally against the whole "I can do everything with my phone" trend. But that was a few years back when they just started getting good. Now that I got one for practically nothing, I am completely and utterly obsessed with my Ally and Android. I've already used AllyRR to get su rights on my phone, and it's running probab;y twice as fast bc of all the stock crap I removed. Anyways I'm rambling too much...
Thank you guys for an AWESOME forum!
-Mike

PS: I'm thinking about getting into development for Android.. If there's anybody out there that could give some advice to a computer savvy individual like myself it would be greatly appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones