Stopping Firmware Updates

1. Motorhomer

Motorhomer Well-Known Member

My Galaxy S2 is rooted and I keep getting a Samsung firmware update, which fails every time of course.

How can I stop Samsung sending me firmware updates as I have to reboot the the phone every time it tries to update.

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

If you are on ICS or higher, you should be able to disable the "app" that checks for firmware updates. Once you do that, it should stop checking for one. If not, you should be able to freeze it with titanium backup pro.
    Motorhomer likes this.
  3. Motorhomer

I'm on 4.0.4 but I'm not sure which app is the correct one. There's one called Samsung Installer Utility but for all I know that's necessary to install other apps and updates.

I can cancel all auto updates but that's not really what I want.

I do know how to freeze an app using Titanium but once more, I don't know which app to freeze!
  4. jhawkkw

I just PM'ed another staff member who has a GS2 about the name of it. Should get the answer from him either in him or I'll relay it from the PM he gets back to me.
    Motorhomer likes this.
  5. jhawkkw

Alright, he said what you want to do is look for the app called "Device Management". Freeze that and then reboot. Let me know if that works.
    Motorhomer likes this.
  6. xverion

xverion Member

I was wondering how to stop it on the S3. My phone is rooted as well, and it keeps giving me the update which fails.
  7. Motorhomer

I don't appear to have an app called Device Management or anything similar either I'm afraid.