• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stopping update notifications for Twitter & Google Goggles

wagoss

Lurker
Nov 20, 2011
I do not use Google Goggles or Twitter, cannot uninstall them, but keep getting update notifications for them on my Droid phone. Sine I cannot uninstall the apps, is there a way to at least stop the update notifications? I don't want to keep them updated because the updates take up needed space on the phone.

Thanks,
Wayne

It's not that they are auto updating. It's that every night I get a message about "10 new updates", and I need to find the ones on the list that I use and update them individually, as opposed to clicking the "update all" button, to prevent updating apps I will never use and don't have subscriptions to, etc. So is there a way to clear the list or tell it never to update certain apps?

I guess the other option is to turn on auto-update for all the apps I do use, and just ignore the manual update page, but then what if I don't want to update right away (there could be bugs in the new issue, or it may reset settings or any number of valid reasons not to update right away).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones