Storage capacity on the One V...General

Last Updated:

1. rickyx32

rickyx32 Well-Known Member

I recently passed on my Optimus Elite to my little brother and got myself a One V. This phone is fantastic in almost all ways compared to the Elite, but the internal storage seems awful on the One V...

On the Elite you had access to most of the 4GB ROM even if it was partitioned, is it possible to get a significant amount more if you root the ONE V?

2. Darkencypher

Darkencypher Well-Known Member

You'd probably have to rom it to get a good bit of internal storage back.
  3. Spiify

Spiify Active Member

The one thing I noticed going from the Elite to the One V is the V does not have access to a "internal sd card". The Elite had what one or two GBs to use.
  4. rickyx32

Yeah, the partitions were funny on the Elite, but at least you had all that storage available. The best part of the elite was that you could easily remove most of the bloat by simply uninstalling the "Essentials" pack through the Sprint ID app. The One V has the same 4GB ROM, but you only get 0.94GB of internal storage, and 95.23MB of phone storage which is total crap in
  5. Ssscrudddy

Ssscrudddy Well-Known Member

You could always put a memory card in it
  6. rickyx32

Yeah, I know that... I have a 64GB card in mine too. ROM storage is way more valuable though, so I was just wondering were all the ROM storage is being used compared to the Elite. I'm guessing the majority is being used for ICS and all the HTC apps and media. BTW, what class card is yours?
  7. Ssscrudddy

Ssscrudddy Well-Known Member

Class 6

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2
  8. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar

4gb is being used by sense