1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Storage configuration on your infinity?General

1. Muqtar

Muqtar Well-Known Member

I have a TF700T with the keyboard dock.

I bought the 32 GB on board model, and I also have a 32 GB micro SD card sitting in the side of the tablet. I see an SD card slot on the keyboard, which I am not currently using.

As I have recently learned how to trans-code my DVDs and load them on the tablet, I now want to expand my storage capacity. I was thinking about adding a 64 GB SD card, and would likely being playing videos, perhaps HD, off it.

Here is the model I was looking at.

Amazon.com: SanDisk SDSDRH-064G-A11 64GB ULTRA SDXC Card: Electronics

Are any of you using the SD card slot on the keyboard in addition to the Micro SD? Any gotchas I should be looking out for ?

Many thanks indeed.

Advertisement
  2. TexasBadger

TexasBadger Well-Known Member

It should be able to take any SD card up to 2 TB. I run a 64 GB SD card with no problem, the cheapest one I could find on Amazon.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

4. Muqtar

Muqtar Well-Known Member

I bought it yesterday and I am waiting. I could not find any 64 gb cards in person, so I wait. This will bring my total storage to 96 gb
  5. Muqtar

Muqtar Well-Known Member

Correction, 128, stupid brain
    ocnbrze likes this.
  6. sparksd

sparksd Well-Known Member

I have SanDisk Class 6 64GB cards in both the tablet and the keyboard and don't have any issues.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  7. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon Disabled

I bought the 32GiB version when I learned that the costlier 64GiB version's microSD port only supported 32GB (ie. non-XC) cards. Don't know if it's true, but with removable media I can always upgrade.

I have a 64MB Class 10 microSDXC card in the tablet. I already had some Class 10 64GB full size SDXC cards that I use with my camcorder, and they work fine in the keyboard/dock.

If only it could play back the native 25MB/s AVCHD from my camera. It does play a 1080p30 video at 1.5MB/s H.264 file pretty well though.

Since I'm using my SDXC cards for pro video, I want the highest rated media that I can afford. But it's obvious that the TF700T can't take full advantage of my media. Does anyone know the top class that the TF700T supports? Or a utility that could tell me? Maybe it's somewhere in /proc or /sys. I could see buying a bunch of cheaper cards to save movies, TV shows etc. on.
  8. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon Disabled

FWIW, my TF700T successfully powered and mounted my 500GB Seagate external USB2 HDD. (It was formatted exFAT.) Still, it proves that the keyboard's USB port supports large storage!
    ocnbrze likes this.