• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Storage for Apps

Hi,

Im not sure if anyone can help me on this, but my phone (htc desire) kept saying low on phone storage and I assumed this meant the memory card (originally 4gb) so I purchased an 8gb sd card and put it in my phone, however the same message popped up low on phone storage. I now realise that its the memory storage thats low and not the sd card. Is there are way of moving my apps etc on to the sd card rather than using the phone memory?

If this isnt possible is there any other way of getting around the low phone storage problem?

Thankyou :)

There's no "getting around" it. You either live with the message or do some housekeeping.

I beg to differ. I just found this app. Check out Visual Voicemail Plus by PhoneFusion. I found a setting in the app under "Notifications and Sound", called "Disable space warning". Kind of weird that a Voicemail app has this function, but it's awesome! Also, you can disable "SDCard not found" notifications and enable an "Ignore carrier voicemail" option, for those who use Google Voice.

The "Plus" version is free to use, but it does require registration. Just use a secondary email for ads. You don't need to purchase.

Now, I can't prove this'll work, as I'm on CM7, but the app seems to have constant updates (it was just updated 6 days ago), so it should support ICS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones