• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Storage: SD to internal

skrappy

Lurker
Apr 29, 2010
I just purchased my first Android phone (HTC Incredible from Verizon). It has 8G internal memory. My microSD only has 2G and it's almost full. Many of the apps I've downloaded require the SD so I'd like to transfer my pic's and music from the SD to the onboard memory.. however I've been unable to figure out how to do that.. any suggestions?

I just purchased my first Android phone (HTC Incredible from Verizon). It has 8G internal memory. My microSD only has 2G and it's almost full. Many of the apps I've downloaded require the SD so I'd like to transfer my pic's and music from the SD to the onboard memory.. however I've been unable to figure out how to do that.. any suggestions?

If you plug your phone in to your computer, Your Inc. will ask you what you want to do, so select "disk drive" and it will mount two external drives: one for the 8GB internal memory, and one for your microsd card.

From there, you can move data from one to the other with a drag and drop

EDIT: I just realized this is in the Apps thread. I don't know if you were looking for an App that will do this for you maybe? I dunno.

Upvote 0
How do you find that storage from the phone? I put a couple of movies there and can only find the storage card. Pretty much driving me mad at this point.

bonk.gif

Thanks... I hope

Velo

Upvote 0
How do you find that storage from the phone? I put a couple of movies there and can only find the storage card. Pretty much driving me mad at this point.

bonk.gif

Thanks... I hope

Velo

Can you elaborate more on this question? You were able to put the movies on the card, but you can't remember how to access it?

When you plug your Incredible to your computer, make sure you drag down your Notification drop down thingie from the top of the screen. You'll be presented with options, make sure you select "disk drive" or something similar. This will allow you to mount your phones storage so it'll act like a disk drive.

Next your computer will prompt you to open the folders. It'll ask you twice, one for your internal 8gb and another window for your 2gb SD card. Search through those folders (remembering which window is your internal and which is your SD card) for the file you're looking for.

ps: I made a folder in each memory labeled 8gb Internal so I know which is which.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
You would think that after months of following the HTC Incredible, that I would have realized why my computer was opening TWO external storage devices. Perhaps in my excitement over actually having the phone, I had forgotten it has Internal storage that would be accessible from my computer. Thanks for reminding me! :thinking::eek::)

If you plug your phone in to your computer, Your Inc. will ask you what you want to do, so select "disk drive" and it will mount two external drives: one for the 8GB internal memory, and one for your microsd card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones