• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Storage Space running out - error

gdeoghare

Lurker
Dec 31, 2012
Hi,

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7" with 16GB and recently updated with Jelly Bean 4.1.1.

Problem: - Gives error "Storage Space Running Out - Some system functions such as synchronization may not work correctly. Try to free space by deleting or unpinning items such as apps or media content"

Actually I have installed very limited applications and games, and if I check space by going through Settings -> Storage, it shows Total Space = 11.76GB
and utilization as Applications (454MB), Pictures & Videos (28MB), Audio (40KB) and miscellaneous files (114MB) - and shows Available Space as 0.0B.

The total utilization doesn't even add to 2GB but it gives this error and shows available space is 0B.

I also checked though a "Storage Analyzer" application, and in its summary line it shows 11.53GB free, but in the storage card selection menu it shows 0B free.

Can anyone help resolve this problem?

Regards,
Girish

Hi, I am having the same problem with my Nexus S v4.1.2
Camera won't allow to take pics. Says 'USB storage is running out of space'.
I removed all my pics and vids, and when I check storage summary it reads:
USB STORAGE
13.31 GB (apps 216mb, pics/vids 236mb, audio 1.23mb, avail 29.1mb) this doesn't make sense because it you add the usage up I clearly have more space available.
Any suggestions to resolve? I'd love to be able to take pics on my phone again!

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I was having the same problem with my phone. I brought up backup assistant (verizon) on my desktop and looked through my phone's file system, and found that my podcast app had downloaded 8 gig of mp3 files into its own folder that wasn't showing up in the 'storage' display. When I deleted all those mp3 files, I magically got all my space back.

Just a suggestion

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones