storageGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ludrof11

ludrof11 Member This Topic's Starter

i know i have seen threads for moving cache from phone to sd card but im wondering if it is possibly to move programs at all? my old phone i could do this

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

You can backup many programs to the SD card, but you can't run them. The only way to do that right now is to have root access to the phone. Then you can run a program called AP2SD that will allow running apps from the card itself. Until we get root, we won't be able to do it. There has been talk that Google plans to open this ability up for non-root users in some future software update, but they are trying to protect programs and prevent piracy with some form of encryption.

If you are just looking to move apps that you are not using too often off of your phone tot he SD card many file managers will do this. Some apps will show up as protected and you won't be able to move them though.

3. ludrof11

ludrof11 Member This Topic's Starter

and how exactly do you transfer the cache from phone to sd card? what program do u have to download?

4. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

u just have to check the settings in your apps. if they have the option to save to cache to the SD card (like for example the dolphin browser does) then you can do that.