• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Storage?

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Rezound noob here...sorry if this is a silly Q but...how what determnes where certain apps or files are stored on either the rezounds internal storage or the micro sd? it sems like most of my apps and such are being stored on the internal storage.

i'm coming from DX where everything seemed to automatically store itself on the external micro sd which i prefer. when i would connect my X to a pc only 1 box would pop up...the micro sd folder. now with the htc 2 pop up..internal and external.

any tips?

thank you!

Maybe this helps ... :)

HTC Rezound with uses these storage types:

Apps and data storage:
Apps are installed to this storage, labeled as Internal storage in your phone settings. It also stores data such as your text messages, contacts you created or synchronized to your phone, account settings, and more. This storage is managed and carefully guarded by your phone since it contains your private information. When you connect your phone to your computer, this storage is not accessible from your computer. Storage contents will be erased when you do a factory reset. Make sure to back up your data before starting a factory reset. Some apps allow you to back up to your storage card, such as People.

File storage:
This is another built-in storage, labeled as Phone storage in your phone settings. This is where you can store your files. When you connect your phone to your computer, this storage is accessible and you can copy files between them. When you do a factory reset, you can choose whether to keep or erase the storage contents.

Storage card:
Your phone comes with a microSD card already installed. You can store your files such as photos, music, and videos to this removable storage. When you connect your phone to your computer, this storage is accessible and you can copy files between them.

Harry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones