Storing Maps??Support

Last Updated:

1. Dunn101

Dunn101 Member This Topic's Starter

Supposedly we are able to save maps on the Desire Z. Does anyone know how this is done. I am in Canada, but want to use maps when in the States without using expensive roaming services.

Advertisement
  2. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

The app that allows Google Maps to store maps locally have been removed. You need to use the other navigation app which you must pay for if you want turn by turn navigation. This is what I heard from others.

3. Goan

Goan Member

There's also the option to buy the right to use Google map locally...u can pay for 1 month or lifetime,u can fond the option under location apps menu

4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Locations is an HTC app which uses map data provided by Route 66, not Google.

5. Dunn101

Thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately, HTC Locations doesn't seem to be available in Canada, so I don't have a menu option. I think I'm just sol.

6. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

Yeah. I do not see the Locations app either. I would suggest using the latest Google Maps. It now uses vectors which cuts down on the amount of data that needs to be downloaded. Also, it can cache the route as well when using the Navigation app.

7. Dunn101

Maybe if I told you what I wanted, it may help. I will be going to Florida and would like to have the map of Florida (or at least the one around Ocala) loaded so I am not using roaming data when I am there. Is this possible without having to buy an application?