Storing multiple roms...

Last Updated:

1. turtleman2009

turtleman2009 Member This Topic's Starter

this is my first post, but i have been following this forum and i even used this guide to root my eris. i remember reading something about being able to store multiple roms and being able to select(or load, something like that) from the recovery image. i tried searching for it but can't find it for the life of me. could someone post a how-to or send me a link to a thread. thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. Ruh17

Ruh17 Well-Known Member

When you set up a rom the way you like it.. reboot into recovery and select Nand backup. This backsup everything. These are stored on your sdcard. So you can save as many as you have available room on your sdcard. When you want to switch to another rom you have saved simply boot into recovery again and select restore and pick the one you want.

3. sking91

sking91 New Member

i bricked my last phone and i know the original backups are on the card and im trying to find them but no game. what is the file extention?

4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

They are in a folder on the card called /Nandroid, and then in a folder inside that with the a code that represents your phone - it starts with HT, if I remember right.

But, if you start recovery, go to Backup/Restore, and choose Nand Restore, it should take you right to that /Nandroid folder.

5. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

You can rename the lowest level folder. I shorten them down to the date and the rom name. I also back them up to my pc

6. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Their names can be changed, yes (even lengthened), but there are some rules: the names can have no spaces or illegal filename characters (such as these: /\?*).