storm last night, now X near signal bars, changes EST to PST, loses google log inGeneral

Last Updated:

1. lady3jane

lady3jane Active Member This Topic's Starter

there was thunderstorm thru here last night. right about the time the storm ended, i picked up my phone and noticed it had an X where the signal bars are. after a few minutes, it went back to normal but the time was +4 hours (PST). and i had the error msg for google log in.

so it keeps doing this, has done it about 3 or 4 times now. sometimes it will say 1x which is normal, but often is just has an X there now.

i'm on the first 2.1 leak, so not rooted. haven't gotten around to getting the 2.1 v2.

my phone has been wonky for a while (won't register when i dial out and sometimes calls twice, or takes up to a minute (seriously!) to actually act like it's calling someone. but other than that, no real big issues. that was the only issue before last night.

Advertisement
  2. smacky

smacky Banned

Get the new release and see. It will inadvertently do a hard reset as well. That should fix problems prior to the storm, and hopefully afterwards too. If not, may the storm took out a tower or something. Call VZW and see.