1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

[StormDroid] Help Thread and FAQ

1. imnotmikal

imnotmikal ROM Developer

To keep the release thread a little less cluttered, please report any bugs you find here, or if you need help, feel free to ask.

FAQ

Q: Why do my apps not install?
    A: This has been remedied in StormDroid 1.0.1+, download it from StormDroid.US.

Q: My apps are Force Closing all the time. Why?!
    A: This is a glitch in 1.0.1's A2SDGUI, and will be fixed in 1.0.2.1

Q: How can i check for updates?
    A: Open the StormDroid Downloads app, and click ROM updates. Any new updates will be posted there.

Advertisement
  2. benwalburn

benwalburn Well-Known Member

KNOWN BUG LIST
    -Major force close issue after flashing 1.0.1 is known and a fix is being made -FIXED
    -unable to switch to themed wallpaper after changing it- FIXED
    -red glow when pressing icons on dock of stock launcher, regardless of theme
    -youtube is choppy on playback
    -unable to receive calls in 1.0.2 -FIXED
    -download app still says current version is 1.0.1
    -force closes while trying to download from download app (this is actually false, don't close the app, just wait for the download to complete)
    -apps downloaded through download app download in background without telling you until they're ready to install
  3. cr5315

cr5315 ROM Developer

Naw, just flash StormDroid 1.0.1 ;)
  4. j2cool2012

j2cool2012 ROM Developer

Reserved for the FAQ
  5. tigersfan1

tigersfan1 Well-Known Member

Wow that was close almost cleared data but i saw this post so i just need to download 1.0.1 instead of 1.0 plus the fix then?
  6. cr5315

cr5315 ROM Developer

You don't need the fix with 1.0.1.
    tigersfan1 likes this.
  7. tigersfan1

ok thanks
  8. tigersfan1

So when i installed it i made a nandroid, cleared data and both caches and installed it but it keeps force closing any app i try to open
  9. cr5315

cr5315 ROM Developer

Try refashing, that happened to me once before.
  10. j2cool2012

j2cool2012 ROM Developer

This is an error that we are aware of, and it will be fixed soon. Stay tuned.
  11. tigersfan1

i just rebooted it at it seem to work
  12. j2cool2012

j2cool2012 ROM Developer

Please bear with us as we move servers. At the moment, the StormDroid download app is not working. It will be back online soon. Be sure to check back here often!
  13. j2cool2012

j2cool2012 ROM Developer

And... we're back. Thanks for staying patientwith us. Enjoy Stormdroid!
  14. fullhouse233

fullhouse233 Active Member

Website says currently unavailable when I navigate to it. Click downloads and all options say coming soon
  15. tigersfan1

I have a few major problems right now on 1.0.1 my sd card wont load so all my apps on there went corrupt. Second it wont let me download any thing from the android market
  16. imnotmikal

imnotmikal ROM Developer

Sorry, an older version of the site was accidentally uploaded when we were moving servers. I have corrected the problem since then, sorry for the inconvenience.
    fullhouse233 likes this.
  17. benwalburn

Unfortunately, 1.0.1 has problems, please wait for the next release. It shouldn't be long.
  18. leerpsp

leerpsp Active Member

Ok in the new rom v1.0.1 I go to install the youtube app and my phone will reboot every time and some apps will not work but as of now I can not use youtube and the youtube download is the app you guys have on your apps list how long till the bugs are fixed?
  19. benwalburn

StormDroid v1.0.2.1 should be released very shortly
  20. tigersfan1

Shortly is such a relative word
  21. j2cool2012

j2cool2012 ROM Developer

Blame my USB ports. I can't test it. Don;t want to release something untested...
  22. tigersfan1

I understand also beside my sd card not reading in my phone it wont sync when i connect it with my usb cable from my phone to my computer
  23. Idunno

Idunno Well-Known Member

I'm sure you already know, but figured I'd point these out just in case one slipped thru the cracks:

DL links in the stormdroid app are broken (youtube, google music, google maps, CPU control)

Unable to change back to themed wallpaper

FC when trying to download themes thru download app (can post logcat if necessary)

Don't know if it's my computer or the phone... but I have to plug the USB cable into my computer first then the phone. If I do it the other way around it doesn't recognize the device. Thought it was worth mentioning.

If you click rom updates on the download app it says the current version of stormdroid is 1.0.1

Calls work, SMS works, themes are sexy, rom kicks ass, keep it up.
  24. benwalburn

The app problem is probably another server issue, the wallpaper problem is in my bug list (2nd post), I'm not sure that's been addressed, it's just your phone/computer/usb cable, I'll make note of the version bug.
  25. j2cool2012

j2cool2012 ROM Developer

Thank you very much, IDunno. You'll be happy to know we have fixes for almost all of your problems.

-The links are a server error, bear with us as we fix that.
    -We are aware of this, and a fix should be out shortly.
    -The app does NOT actually FC. This is a known glitch with StormDroid Downloads 2.0, and is currently being looked into. Just allow it to download and finish, and the app will continue.
    -That sounds like your computer.
    -That can be fixed with a simple page update.

Thank you for all your feedback. Please keep them coming, so we can make StormDroid as good as it can be!
    Idunno likes this.