• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Straight Talk Alcatel Phones Rooting Difficulties

sanchezkk

Nov 2, 2010
I've been having the worst time trying to root two of my Alcatel phones. One is the One Touch Pop Mega a995l and the other is the One Touch Pixi Eclipse. Using Kingoroot, which is the only one click program that will do anything with my phones only establishes a temp root to either of those two models. Does anyone have any idea as to what I should do, besides trashing ST and going to another carrier?
Thanks in advance[emoji21]

Reactions: kirito9
I've been having the worst time trying to root two of my Alcatel phones. One is the One Touch Pop Mega a995l and the other is the One Touch Pixi Eclipse. Using Kingoroot, which is the only one click program that will do anything with my phones only establishes a temp root to either of those two models. Does anyone have any idea as to what I should do, besides trashing ST and going to another carrier?
Thanks in advance[emoji21]

I'm here @Bg260.

These models seem like trouble from just their names alone. Let me see the build.props for both devices and I'll tell you what I come up with. Good that you can have temp root. You should be able to backup all your partitions using Partition Backup from the play store.

Does fastboot work on any of them? Did you have to unlock the bootloader?

Reactions: Bg260
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones