Straight Talk APN help!Support

Last Updated:

1. ThatGirlPaige

ThatGirlPaige New Member

I found the correct settings to type in for my straight talk HUAWEI Ascend Y phone to successfully be MMS enabled..however, there is only one APN setting (Home) and it won't let me edit these settings, or create a new APN profile. Can anyone shed some light on the subject, or tell me how to do this? I would greatly appreciate any feedback. :(

Advertisement
  2. ThatGirlPaige

ThatGirlPaige New Member

And also, why on earth is straight talk and at&t completely sold out of the at&t sim cards for straight talk? I read online that they aren't making any more. I am so mad, because at&t bought all our towers in my area. No other carriers will work, especially not T-mobile. The closest T-mobile tower is over an hour away!! GRRR
  3. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Really?

WalMart is still selling them online :confused:
  4. ouch1976

ouch1976 Well-Known Member

I just had this issue with a used phone that I bought. It turned out that the previous owner put on an app called APN Backup and Restore which was effectively locking my APN settings. While the app might be uninstalled, the folder might still be on the phone and will override any settings that you try to change. Use a file explorer or your PC to look into the root of the device for a folder called APN Backup (or something like that) and delete the folder. Factory reset, wipe data, and you should be good to go.
  5. JHell

JHell Well-Known Member

open ur voice dialer and say APN then hit menu and hit new apn