1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Straight talk APN question.

1. Gareatron

Gareatron Well-Known Member

Alright I have the APN setup and everything is working great and all. But why does it say home on the notification pull bar and lock screen? Is there a way to change this?

Advertisement
  2. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Mine does this as well, its a Straight Talk kinda thing.

The only way to get rid of it is to install a custom rom like AOKP, that allows you to customize the "carrier name".
  3. kcs7272

kcs7272 Well-Known Member

I have mine set up with the AT&T compatible sim. I have done this with my other Android phones. But I cannot send picture messages!!?!?!?
  4. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Seriously? Have you tried, taking the sim out and then reinstalling it into the phone?
    kcs7272 likes this.
  5. Trooper

What are your APN settings?
    kcs7272 likes this.
  6. kcs7272

I will give that a shot
  7. kcs7272

I have it set up exactly as it is described on Straight Talk's site and the sim instructions.
    I did leave out the proxy setting as another member suggested and it does seem to make the web faster. Maybe I will put it back in and try.

Not the mms proxy setting, the first proxy,
  8. Trooper

What are your mms settings in the APN?
  9. Gareatron

OK I seem to have MMS problem and I put in a APN that was on a post here in the forums. Doesn't seem to be working. I can receive them but not send them.
  10. HyperM3

HyperM3 Well-Known Member

Ok, I dont care if I get flamed for this, clearly the single APN route doesnt work for everyone(myself included). So Im going to put my dual APN settings here so people can try them(since they work) and if they dont like it they can happily go back to one APN. These are my settings for Straight Talk on ATT SIM.

For those of you who want to try a dual APN setup and guarantee the MMS will work, try these:

First APN enter this:

Name - Straight Talk
    APN - att.mvno
    Port - 80
    MMSC - http:mmsc.cingular.com (no spaces or //)
    MMS Proxy - 66.209.11.33
    MMS Port - 80
    MCC - 310
    MNC - 410
    APN Type - default,supl (no spaces)

Second APN type this:

Name - MMS
    APN -att.mvno
    MMSC - http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy - proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
    MMS Port - 80
    MCC - 310
    MNC - 410
    APN type - mms

Anything I didnt put down just leave blank. Check the first APN with the dot and delete any other APN's in your system. Reboot your phone and give it about 30-60 minutes to configure. In the meantime, send yourself a picture. Start with something small (low res) and then move up to a bigger file.

Good luck and if you dont like this ignore my post. Its free to try and doesnt hurt anyone so dont be a hater for my post.(I know who you are) And if this works for you, dont hesitate to thank me. Cheers!
  11. Dmowry

Dmowry Active Member

So which one of the two needs to be check marked by the dot??? Also does the speed test app work with these settings?
  12. HyperM3

Only the first one can be selected.
  13. Dmowry

Dmowry Active Member

Sorry for all the questions but how long have you been using ST with the dual apn setting?
  14. HyperM3

Since May when I started ST on my Gnex and found that it just wont work with one APN. I played around with a few dual APN settings I found online and this setup was the one that has worked the best for me.
  15. Gareatron

I've tried all the APNs that people have suggested and they are just not working. I'm able to receive pictures but when i send them it just won't send. I guess its my service area that's the problem.
  16. HyperM3

Did you try sending yourself a picture? Sometimes you need to do that in order to reset the system.
  17. Gareatron

Nope that didn't work. I don't know what else to try.
  18. HyperM3

If you tried my settings above, you have to give it a few hours to settle in. This is true especially if you have tried different APNs in a short period. Put mine in then turn off device, not reboot, then power back up after about 30 seconds. Then like I said previously, give it a couple hours on the system. After that time, try sending yourself a small low res picture. Don't freak out if it doesn't come through right away, could take up to 15 minutes or so. After that comes through try a larger file and see if that works.

If this still fails, last resort is to call straight talk support and see how it's configured on their end and/or have them reset it.
  19. mallinj

mallinj Well-Known Member

I have all of the correct settings for my APN but I cannot get mobile data. I tried on stock and on CM10.1 (using both their included APN settings and APN settings entered myself). I'm on AT&T Straight Talk and I can make voice calls fine. Suggestions (since ST customer service isn't open today :))?
  20. HyperM3

You know what? Im having problems sending pictures right now also. I get them with no problem but sending it just sits and sits. The annoying part about that is I have a notification on my app saying I have an sms/mms message but nothing there. This always happens when a pictuer is pending.
  21. Gareatron

Nope that didn't work either. I've tried sending a pic to my wife and friends and it just stays there trying to send it.
  22. Trooper

What are your MMS APN settings on ST? Do you have an AT&T sim card? MMS is working for me. If only my texts would come in in order though lol.
  23. kcs7272

I sent myself a picture message and now it is working. Can't believe I forgot that simple trick thanks. I am still using only one APN setting
  24. HyperM3

I dont know if you are still having this issue but I ended up getting it myself. What I did was change the MMS proxy from the "proxy.mvno.tracfone.com" to "66.209.11.33" and my pictures started going through again.