Straight Talk Settings (issues with data connection?)Support

1. danielkogan

danielkogan Well-Known Member

I just got my htc one unlocked, but am having problems receiving hspa+ data with my Straight talk sim (t-mobile). It's always on edge even though on my nexus 4 I was getting hspa+ in the same locations. I'm coming from a Nexus 4 and had no issues with that. Anyone know of a solution ? I need some help.

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Best guess would be to check the APN settings. Without a GSM phone myself though, I couldn't help, sorry.
  3. danielkogan

Did that, still having issues...

APN Name. any
    APN. wap.tracfone
    proxy. blank
    port. 8080
    mmsc. http://mms.tracfone.com
    mms proxy. blank
    mms port. 8080
  4. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

Is your service affiliated w/AT&T or T-MOBILE?

If the latter,I'm expecting delivery of my ONE this afternoon/early evening & will attempt to help in anyway possible.
  5. danielkogan

It's T-Mobile. Yes, please do when you get the chance.
  6. EarlyMon

KOLIO likes this.
  7. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

If your unlocked version does not have the 1700 radio support needed for T-Mo (USA), then you will not get HSPA. At least not until they roll out HSPA on the more common 1900 band in your area, if at all.
    KOLIO likes this.
  8. danielkogan

9. EarlyMon

See, there I go, I didn't think of that. :(

Let's see if I can redeem myself :eek: -

http://www.straighttalksim.com/pdf/ST_SIMCard_ActCard_TMobile_proof18.pdf

Changes from yours -

Name - Straight Talk
    MMS Port - leave blank

I've read where others have that right and still have issues and then got into confusion on their radio settings.

To check yours - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.mangelow.network
    KOLIO likes this.
  10. danielkogan

I figured it out. And it sucks. I have a t-mobile straight talk sim with unlocked HTC one, it doesn't support 1700 band. So basically I'm screwed. I can wait for T-mobile to upgrade their network but that would take forever. I think I'm returning these 2 phones and buying t-mobile ones tomorrow.

Sucks ass!
  11. kleinc23

kleinc23 New Member

I have an htc one from att. got a compatible sim card from straight talk. set up apn as directed still cannot receive mms. says transient failure when mms comes in.any suggestions
  12. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

13. kleinc23

kleinc23 New Member

Have checked everything, apns, restarts, have 4g data that is working wi fi is good. mms messages just say transient failure. straight talk has no ideas. ive tried sending pics to myself. have had others send me pics on other networks still no mms please advice
  14. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

OK did u edit the build .prop correctly the SMS thing maybe needed the 0 for being off and when you get to the *#*#4636#*#* u may need to set the gsm CDMA and turn on the ims SMS at the bottom
    kleinc23 likes this.
  15. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

this is not a support forum for Straight Talk, so the members here are only able to help as best as they can.

you need to reach out to Straight Talk again and speak to another rep. that's ludicrous for a rep for the company to say they have no ideas. unacceptable.

there are only so many things to be wrong here (in no particular order):

1. if you are rooted, could be an issue with the rom (are you rooted?)
    2. the APN settings are incorrect
    3. factory reset
    4. return the phone. if out of grace period, initiate a trouble ticket with HTC
    5. SIM card error
    6. faulty device
    kleinc23 likes this.