Straight Talk SimsGeneral

1. danielunde

danielunde Well-Known Member

I have but one question! Can you take a Straight Talk Sims card cut it down to Micro for the Galaxy S3,S4?

Advertisement
    :
  2. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

You should be able to, but why not just get a new Sim from Straight Talk to fit the phone?
    danielunde likes this.
  3. danielunde

Because Straight Talk doesn't sell them anymore or that's what i'm told and i have call over 40 Walmart's with no luck and on Amazon and eBay there $60.00 to $100.00 just for the Sims........
  4. tbzj7

tbzj7 Well-Known Member

I just did this myself actually, bought a used at&t s3, had an infuse before with a standard sized sim card, didn't want to pay 30-40 bucks on ebay for an at&t straight talk micro sim so I went online and searched how to cut a standard sim down to a micro sim, printed out the guidelines, cut it down and it works great. There's many youtube videos and sites that have instructions and printouts on how to do this, follow them carefully and be careful when cutting
    danielunde likes this.
  5. danielunde

6. danielunde

So did you buy a regular Straight Talk Sims card and cut it down? and what about the APN settings? Is this what you have?> Name: Straight Talk
    APN: att.mvno
    Proxy: <not set>
    Port: <not set>
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33
    MMS Port: 80
    APN Type: default,supl,mms,hipri
  7. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

I got my sim cut down in a small phone repair shop. The dude actualy did it for free. Theres a wee "punch" type thing they put it in that does it perfectly.
    A friend tried cutting his with a Stanley knife and messed it up lol :)

Cant believe these vultures are selling cut sims so expensive online btw! The cutter costs a fraction of that
  8. danielunde

Was it a regular straight talk Sims cut to a Micro Sims?
  9. funkylogik

It wasnt Straight Talk, im in the UK but theres no difference in thickness between Mini (standard) sims and Micro, all youre removing is some of the area around the chip :thumbup:
    I think the newer Macro sims like in iphone5 are a different thickness but that doesnt matter to the s3
    danielunde likes this.
  10. funkylogik

In UK, most of our sims come like this now
    uploadfromtaptalk1368311270479.jpg
    You can have the normal sim or just pop the micro sized one out
    uploadfromtaptalk1368311282950.jpg
  11. WA_Bob

WA_Bob VIP Member VIP Member

+1 - Did this myself with a regular sized SIM that I actually found at a Walmart. Worked like a charm.