Straight Talk - Talk and surf at the same time?Support

1. Biaviian

Biaviian Well-Known Member

I am using an AT&T Sim with Straight Talk and I can't talk and surf at the same time. It completely shuts down my data when I'm on a call. Surely the N4 can handle it so it makes me think that something is wrong with my APN settings. Can somebody confirm that I should be able to do it when I'm in a 3/4G area?

Advertisement
  2. NeXuS4

NeXuS4 Well-Known Member

I'm on $30 value plan so all my calls are through Vonage and even at 2G I can still talk and surf. Just one more reason not to use straight talk :/
  3. Biaviian

I'm thinking if going to ATT on a monthly basis. It will cost more than double but I won't have to deal with issues related to APN settings and I'll be able to talk and surf at the same time. ST is great for the price if you don't have good coverage from T-Mobile, which I don't.
  4. csc13

csc13 Member

I'm using Straight Talk with a cut down T-Mobile sim card & I can talk & surf at the same time. I did a speed test while talking & it was really slow, but it worked.
  5. HyperM3

HyperM3 Well-Known Member

I was using the ATT ST sim and now Im on the T-Mo ST sim. With both Im able to talk and surf the web at the same time. Must be someting in your settings.
  6. 0ptimusV

0ptimusV Active Member

I'm also using the AT&T SIM card from straight talk and I can talk and surf the web at the same time.
  7. kismetgeek

kismetgeek Well-Known Member

you can talk and surf at the same time with Straight Talk on either the AT&T and T-Mobile SIM. I've tried with both.
  8. Biaviian

I've tried all configurations of the APN settings that I could find and I couldn't get it to work. I was also not receiving many SMS messages. I went to the monthly plan on ATT but I wish I could get the straighttalk to work because it is less than 1/2 the price.