Straight Talk Transform UltraSupport

1. ChemicalFix

ChemicalFix Member

First and foremost, I would like to give some credit where it is due.

bads3ctor: Thanks for the tut on how to root a TU. I wouldn't have been able to get to where I have without root. I would certainly be tossing a few donations to people if I had the cash right now.

Here is what I am having trouble with/needing advice on. I have a Transform Ultra, and I have successfully gotten Calling and texting working just fine. I am trying to copy the settings I would need to get internet and mms working, but since I have found zero evidence of anyone even attempting to make this work... I am lost. I can admit it.

I'm working with a Galaxy Precedent for a "donor" where I'm pulling all of the settings that I can, to try to get everything set up and rocking. I own both phones, just doing this because honestly Straight Talks phone choices kinda blow, but I am happy with the service.

If anyone has advice, or can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it!

Advertisement
    Juggaloelmo likes this.
  2. jdogrambo

jdogrambo Well-Known Member Developer

i want to be on straight talj
  3. ChemicalFix

ChemicalFix Member

Ok, I didn't get a reply (and I will admit to being a noob) but now, I have data working, though when I try to make a call I get an error 16.

If anyone has any tips for resolving that (straight talk customer service insists that they can't help) I would love to hear them.

Also, if anyone else is trying to do this, I can give a few pointers as to what I did.
  4. jdogrambo

jdogrambo Well-Known Member Developer

what did you do?
  5. ChemicalFix

ChemicalFix Member

Long answer short, I did that which must not be spoken of.

Then through a lot of trial and error, I accidentally got everything working.

I have a Sprint TU running $hEvRoN ROM version 5.3.2, (a very nice BOOST rom) on Straight Talk.

In the end, I sorted my nvitems by when they had last been modified, and took everything modified after the activation date of the phone I was pulling settings from, and copied them over in EFS File Explorer (QPST).

I turned the phone off, then back on. It works, and I am not going to tinker with anything just yet.
  6. reapert

reapert Well-Known Member

call boost ask about carrier lock and if there is ask if theres a way to unlock (might dailer code with special steps) and if they ask why say your wanting to travel. hope this gives you a better idea of what to do
  7. cagedbeast87

cagedbeast87 New Member

Im trying to do the same exact thing. please help me thru this as i have looked everywhere on how to diy. Seems you have figured it out.. please run me thru this..
  8. cagedbeast87

cagedbeast87 New Member

i have the qpst program.. im trying to do the same exact thing. im new at this. please run me thru it. i will be a happy camper.