• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Straight talk

If your near one of these places you can get the sims.

Straight Talk Blog: Straight Talk Automated Retail Shops

not att compatible ones... now you need a "t mobile compatible phone"... an att compatible phone is no longer an option.

straight talk has discontinued use of att towers,with exception of existing customers,and existing sims. if you can find a sim,then youre in. but,it prolly wont be cheap,unless you luck into one at an obsure store that never sells them or realizes that they have them ;)

net10 is still an option for att bands... for now. they have also discontinued the use of att towers,but since they are not as popular as straight talk,sims are still available. i just ordered some from amazon in case i want to switch from t mobile prepay

Upvote 0
how long ago did you buy them? this is a fairly recent occurance,and the high ebay prices,and the comments ive read lead me to believe it was not likely youd find one in a store

id defiantely be interested in your att micro sim(it would fit my one x nicely :smokingsomb:) so shoot me a PM with what youd want for it and such... are you fairly certain its not connected to your package,and id be able to activate it?

Upvote 0
The automated retail shops in the link above are suppose the have the 3 card bundle packages includes at&t standard sim, at&t micro sim and a T-mobile sim from what I've read on other forums. I have none of the automated retail shop's near me so I'm just reporting what others have said. Hopefully in time one will be put somewhere near me.

Upvote 0
The automated retail shops in the link above are suppose the have the 3 card bundle packages includes at&t standard sim, at&t micro sim and a T-mobile sim from what I've read on other forums. I have none of the automated retail shop's near me so I'm just reporting what others have said. Hopefully in time one will be put somewhere near me.

yeah... there is not one near me,either(southwest ohio)

i went on a quest today.and was told by 3 different walmarts that stores no longer carry the sim cards,other than what comes with prepackaged phones.they said id have to try walmart.com or straighttalk.com. no luck at either. :mad: if you can find the bundle on either send me the link!

Upvote 0
Hello. I use an aatt sim on samsung rugby smart throught att. my buddy uses htc inspire with an unlocked straight talk sim which they still sell online. i hope this helps you all.

if he bought it recently hes using t mobiles towers,not ATTs. if hes had it awhile,they are no longer availble online. only the 3 card bundle is still available,and only at select(;)) walmarts and the automated retail spots.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones