Straight trade for 3GS 16gb?

Last Updated:

1. DVNO

DVNO Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so ive had my nexus now for about 4 months. Someone just offered me a straight trade for their unlocked 3GS 16gb? Should i do it? 3g kinda sucks here in chicago anyway so i dont think ill miss that. Anything else i should worry about? Oh and does anyone know if the 3gs is wireless-N capable?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

An N1 for a 3gs? I would go for it, the other person will be making off with one hell of a deal.

3. Schwin97

Schwin97 Well-Known Member

Crazy if you actually do it...

4. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

The 3GS does not do wireless N. I wouldn't do it in your position, even if I sort of liked the iPhone. The N1 is the current dev phone, and you can look forward to software updates that will make it better. In less than a year Apple will release iOS5, and I guarantee it will make the 3GS suck. That's how they roll. If your phone is 2 generations out of date, they don't care if the new software works well. Have you seen iOS4 running on the iPhone 3G?

5. snakeybidder

snakeybidder Well-Known Member

lol again and again ......... dont do it...

6. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

No, please, do make the trade. What could be more scintillating than downgrading to last year's hardware that can't even run the latest software? For such a bargain, maybe you should give the other guy a hundred bucks too.

7. Drhyde

Drhyde Well-Known Member

One, it's a bad deal to ask Android owners to trade for Apple products. There's a sort of bias for Android here. Two, the N1 is pretty much a collector's item for the moment until other carriers begin selling it or you can purchase it from Google to develop on it. Three, I would see no problem if they were trading you an iPhone 4 or a Motorola Droid or some other reasonably equal phone. Sadly, the 3GS is inferior to the N1 in hardware specs and you're pretty much stuck with iOS 3 if you want a stable platform whereas the N1 has significantly improved with each update. My advice, stick with the N1 until you get an equal or better phone on trade.

8. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Less of the insults (both obvious and implied) please! :mad: