1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Stranded 2 - Free until Oct. 12

Last Updated:

1. Pushwall

Pushwall Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just a heads up....I read on DroidGamers that GetJar is offering some of Glu Mobile's games for free. So I looked and sure enough saw Stranded: Mysteries of Time is free until Oct. 12 over at GetJar. I've never played the game so I can't say whether it's good or not, and right now I'm at work so I can't check it out until tonight. But it appears like it might be a fun scrolling action 2D type of game. You can see a preview of the game over at GetJar's website and download the game from there.

Advertisement
  2. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Cool, downloading now. Just dunno if it can be updated at the market

3. iwillfearnoevil

iwillfearnoevil Well-Known Member

From website: We've figured out that you have a Samsung SPH D700 Epic 4G mobile phone, but unfortunately Stranded 2 1.0 won't work on that phone.

I pick Evo and it pops up for phone number to send download link however i can't enter numbers into the phone number field. Maybe it's my browser.

4. Bronxie

Bronxie Member

Looks fun but not compatible with Vibrant

5. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

game is nice but not really my type of game.

6. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Same question. How does that work? Do they somehow update google with your email address or something as confirmation you've "paid" for the game.

Or is this version only free and as soon as they release an update, you can't get it.

To me, the 2nd option isn't really offering the game for free, it's offering a timed trial of the game.

7. Pushwall

Pushwall Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm guessing, but it appears from reading the article at DroidGamers and also the linked article from there at PocketGamer that these free full versions won't be on the Market but only on the GetJar website and probably only for a limited time. I'm not complaining since these games are free full versions without ads. The other one that is supposed to be on the GetJar website shortly is Build-A-Lot which is supposed to be a pretty good building sim.