1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Stranded in Spain!

1. Lizzielogs

Lizzielogs Active Member

Hi
    We live in the mountains of Malaga in Spain where few people speak English :smokingsomb:, I have been living a long time and my Samsung Galaxy Mini is my first Android so I expect I will be getting to know you all very well!!!!

Besos
    Lizzielogs x

Advertisement
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Welcome Besos! Glad to have you here on AF! I hope we can help you with whatever questions you may have, so don't hesitate to ask us :D
    Thanks for joining up :)
  3. Dieben

Dieben Well-Known Member

Bienvenida!

I lived near Jerez de la Frontera!
    Spanish -- "Jerez"
    translates to:
    English -- "Sherry"

Have you been to the Domecq winery in Jerez and seen their sacred cask of sherry autographed by Napoleon?

. . . and their beloved cask of sherry autographed by "US President" Roy Rogers? Have they ever figured out that some filthy American was impersonating a President who didn't exist?

Could you please fax me a paella?

Mucho Gusto! . . . Robert(o)
  4. Dieben

Dieben Well-Known Member

So "besos" are "kisses"
    and her name is "Lizzie"?

:D :smokingsomb:
  5. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Welcome to the forums Lizzielogs, hope you enjoy your time here :)

Thanks for joining :D
  6. Dieben

Dieben Well-Known Member

Hispanics in California are sometimes offended by the formal tone of my "Andaloothian/Cathtillian" (Andalusian/Castillian) "church Spanish" - "Usted" instead of "tu".

And to them the "lithp" (lisp) and idioms sound strange:
    "No hay de que" instead of "de nada".

In a crowd of people speaking dozens of dialects of Spanish it is easy to pick out the Andaloothians (Andalusians) by their lithp (lisp) :)
  7. Lizzielogs

Lizzielogs Active Member

I am an Andaloothian by my lithp and also in the way I swallow my ethes (esses!). I tried to fax you a paella but it didn't work - do you have Whatsapp?
  8. Dieben

Dieben Well-Known Member

9. Dieben

Dieben Well-Known Member

Wasn't "pealla" originally the name of the *heavy iron pan* that the rice dish is cooked in, not the name of the food itself?. So the pan in this photo makes it not an authentic paella.

Tho what are your thell phone quethtionth?

Attached Files:

10. Lizzielogs

Lizzielogs Active Member

Yeth Paella wath the pan.
    My thell fone questions have to do with a Galathy y pro and the thtupid email on it! Why can't you thign out anywhere??
  11. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Welcome aboard.

Happy Holidays! :santaclaus:
  12. Dieben

Dieben Well-Known Member

Have you posted your questions in the Galaxy subforum?
  13. Lizzielogs

Lizzielogs Active Member

Have now thanks x
  14. Dieben

Dieben Well-Known Member

One day while standing sipping sherry at a spartan white/blue tile counter in a spartan white tile open air wine bar in "Saybeeya" (Sevilla/Seville), from behind the far side of the counter a tiny hand belonging to an unseen tiny person reached up and deposited a 10 peseta coin on the counter. The bartender lowered a small glass of sherry down over the counter to the unseen person. Then a 6 year old kid slowly walked out the door serenely sipping his fino.

Is there a legal drinking age in Andalusia now?
  15. Lizzielogs

Lizzielogs Active Member

..................... I very much doubt it!