Strange 3G Issue

Last Updated:

1. n1ghtwish

n1ghtwish Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I posted this on XDA as well, but maybe you guys over here know of a solution too :)

So I woke up this morning and noticed that my 3G was off - so I go into menu to turn it back on and it says "Turning on..." so I sit there and watch it for like 5 minutes.. still turning on... so I decided to leave it alone for a few hours.. still "turning on..."

By the way, at this point in time I was running the rooted leak #3 that jcase posted. So here are the steps I've taken to get this issue resolved, all to no avail:

1) reboot - when it booted back up, still said "turning on..."
    2) factory data/dalvik clear - same. after setup, still "turning on..."
    3) restore to previous NAND backup from a few days ago - still "turning on..."
    4) factory data/dalvik wipe and flash new ROM (Ivan's 1.0 OC ROM) - same thing.. after setup, still "turning on..."
    5) *228 program - phone rebooted with the 3G symbol showing, but no data connection could be found by any apps, including the browser. shortly after that, the 3G icon disappeared and we're back to "turning on..."
    6) update PRL - same as above
    7) flash Alltel/VZW Hybrid PRL - same as above
    8) Turn on Airplane Mode - 3G went from "turning off..." to "off", but as soon as I took out of of Airplane mode, it went back to "turning off"
    9) Battery pull - same thing.. rebooted, still "turning off..."

So now, I'm sitting here with Ivan's new 1.0 ROM but no data [​IMG]

Every now and then, the 3G icon will show up and in the settings, it tells me that mobile network is on, but the icon never shows that it's receiving data, only sending. Then the icon goes away and it's back to "turning on..."

Has anyone else experienced this?? Could it be a hardware issue??

By the way, my radio is 2.41.04.02.02

Any insight would be awesome!!

Advertisement
  2. gohamstergo

gohamstergo Active Member

3g fails to connect now and then for me as well. cycling it a few times in settings fixes it tho.

so youre either in a bad reception area and it cant connect, or maybe hardware. no way to really know for sure i guess. if it never connects, tell vzw you want a new phone.

3. n1ghtwish

n1ghtwish Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for the reply - turns out it was a network issue in my area :) someone else reported it as well on XDA from Las Vegas.

Thanks!