Strange battery issues

Last Updated:

1. alexm2002

alexm2002 Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 3, 2010
    My battery life has been pretty poor to this point, so I have been going from full charge to completely empty. I was doing that today when my phone shut off because it was out of battery.

I then went and plugged it in for about four minutes, then realized I needed something so I unplugged and turned it back on, and now am showing 43% battery!

I figured it was a glitch with the stock battery display, so downloaded the BatteryLife widget, which confirms I have 43%...

Does this mean I need to complain to AT&T to get a new battery, or a new phone?

Update: I rebooted the phone again and was at critically low battery life. I reseated the battery and rebooted again, and now I'm at 5%.

2. djgibbsjr

djgibbsjr Active Member

Jul 24, 2010
    I would suggest its actually a glitch in the software. Been reading a lot of forums where people are having similar issues with battery indicator being innacurrate. You could try replacing the phone since the app shows what the real battery strength is thus ruling out the hardware. I just don't know if it will solve the problem considering samsung would need to issue a fix