• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Strange behavior draining my battery

sagedil

Android Expert
May 1, 2010
Raleigh, NC
So took my phone off charger a few hours ago, already down to 60%, and this is with WiFi turned off (don't normally turn it off)

So poking around, look at what has been using battery, and see Maps listed as using 85% of the battery. But I have no mapping software running, and checked Advance Task Killer, and there were no mapping programs that decided to start themselves.

So how would Maps be draining my battery. And more important, how do I stop it from continuing to happen?

I *think* I know what was causing it. I installed the Weatherbug widget yesterday afternoon, Have deleted it, and nothing is using the maps now.

Just a guess, will keep watching it.

And just got my TWO spare batteries and charger for $11 from Hong Kong. so really don't care that much about battery usage suddenly anymore LOL

Upvote 0
I *think* I know what was causing it. I installed the Weatherbug widget yesterday afternoon, Have deleted it, and nothing is using the maps now.

Just a guess, will keep watching it.

And just got my TWO spare batteries and charger for $11 from Hong Kong. so really don't care that much about battery usage suddenly anymore LOL

for your sake, I hope those spares are OEM! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones