Strange behavior from default weather widgetSupport

Last Updated:

1. Karl_in_Chicago

Karl_in_Chicago Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Very strange thing happened today. I have the standard as-it-came weather widget on my home screen with Chicago, Milwaukee, and Las Vegas as cities to monitor with Chicago being the normal "home" city. Today I'm looking at it and I see that the current city is "Moravske Lieskove" (with various punctuations I'm too lazy to look up the ASCII sequences to recreate). WTF? According to Wikepedia this is a village in western Slovakia. I can't imagine how it got on there and there seems to be no way to get rid of it.

When I pull the app up and go into settings to try to delete it there are only 3 cities that show - Chicago, Milw, LV - this place isn't listed.

Very bizarre - anybody seen anything like this?

Update: OK, after removing the widget from the screen and then going to re-add it I see now it's not the HTC weather widget but instead the HTC clock widget with weather displayed. Still, bizarre behavior.

Update2: OK, even more updating. :) Looks like something's messed up with my GPS settings at the moment. I dragged the Weather Channel widget onto the screen and set it to use current location . . . and lo and behold it is giving me the weather for Slovakia! LOL. OK, some noodling to do on what's munged up with my GPS but this isn't a problem with the widget at all.

Advertisement
  2. nu2android

nu2android Well-Known Member

The only strange thing I saw with the stock weather clock widget was it stopped updating. It stated on 8pm the weather said 80 degrees when it clearly was something like 65 outside around midnight. Took it off.

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Im having a but of a problem with the weather widget as well. Normally it says the city I'm in, but for the past 4 days all it says is "current location". It still gives the correct weather, and my gps works fine in other apps. Just kind of annoying seeing current location on the phone all day.

4. Karl_in_Chicago

Karl_in_Chicago Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I re-added the HTC clock+weather widget, turned off the GPS and then turned it back on, and then told the widget to use current location and it correctly updated to Chicago.

However, after doing the same thing with the Weather Channel widget it still thinks I'm in Slovakia. :eek: