strange buzzing/HTC repair

Last Updated:

1. mrgsmith77

mrgsmith77 Active Member This Topic's Starter

My Desire has developed a strange buzz in the speaker when on a phone call, almost as if the speaker is slightly loose, if I turn the volume right down, the buzz goes......not really the answer though is it.

So, my first point of call was to speak to HTC (UK) who were very friendly and have arranged for a courier to come and pick it up on Monday to take it away to investigate......7 working day leadtime.

has anyone else encountered this "loose speaker/buzz" issue at all?
    has anyone sent their phone back for a repair? was it a good service?
    should I speak to service provider (Orange) instead? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. dionick

dionick Well-Known Member

I had a problem with my Desire and had to send it back to HTC.I had a problem with making/recieving calls and texts and they were pretty good to be honest.They only had it about a week. Weirdly though when i got it back the repair sheet said that they had replaced the speaker???.Never had a problem with it though:confused:.Oh well.

3. thewelshman

thewelshman Member

The speaker on my phone packed up last week. Contacted HTC service and they sent a courier to collect the following day. The woman on the phone said there was a 2 week turnaround, and in the e-mail from them, they gave a link to track the progress which has not changed in the last 9 days stating " We are delivering your phone to HTC service center ".
    Anybody know where their repair centre is situated?
    Frustrated is not the word.

4. mrgsmith77

mrgsmith77 Active Member This Topic's Starter

cheers both!
    will send it off n see what happens......