Strange calendar behaviorSupport

Last Updated:

1. Promoboy

Promoboy Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 24, 2010
    I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this. I use Microsoft Outlook to store all of my contacts and calendar events. The sync between my Incredible and Outlook is pretty good except for one thing. If I have an event on my calendar that is an all day event (no start or end time), the alert on my phone actually pops up one day early. So for a Friday event, I get the alert on Thursday. When I click the alert for more detail it will show that event as being on Thursday. The really strange thing is when I check from the calendar screen, the event appears to be schedule for a day later than the real day (Saturday in this case).

Any calendar event that has a set time works just fine so I guess I could change those to have start times but I have a bunch like this as I use them as recurring events for things like birthdays, etc.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

2. Itsnotrobert

Itsnotrobert New Member

May 4, 2010
    I was going to ask th same question. My birthday was on the 15th of May. It was in my calendar (no, not so i wont forget! :p) as an all day event. Ever since May 15th, I get the damn calendar notification each day that today is my birthday...

This hasnt happened to any other event and my birthday was the only event i had set to All Day.
  3. tpanyacosit

tpanyacosit New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Yes, I have a similar issue. Recurring appointments from exchange somehow get switched to the day before when it's not actually reflected in the details. So I'll have events on thursday that appear on wednesday but when I click, it's says it a recurring thursday event. Or sometimes events will get repeated daily for no reason like the birthday issue above.

And, it's reflected on my outlook too and has the same weird inconsitencies.

The only fix I found was to clear my exchange account and then reload it back it, but that's annoying. I've done it twice already in the month I've had the phone.

Is there a better fix out there or is this a software issue that will need resolution later?