• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Strange fluke with the 4.2 & 4.5 xtrRoms

mikey517

Nov 19, 2009
I upgraded to xtrROM 4.5 just to try out the cache2cache, and I encountered an odd fluke; my POP3 mail account would not receive any emails. I could send an email to my work account, or Gmail account, but I could not receive any mails. I tried re-flashing, re-entering my user info several times to no avail.

Soooo....

I flashed the 4.2 version......same thing. Soooooooooo, I flashed the comparable xtrSense versions.......same darn thing. I could NOT get an email via my POP3 account. My work (exchange server) worked fine, as did gmail, and I could send email via the POP3, but not receive.

I tried everything, including SD card format, partition, un-partition....nada.

So I'm back with 4.0.6.1....and all is well.

I would like to use the xtrROM 4.2 with no partition so I can try some of these froyo ROMS, but I need my POP3 mail account.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreaciated...

I'm running xtrROM4.2 and I'm having no problems with my POP3 accounts, I have three of them and they all run fine. Not sure if anyone else is having a problem, but just figured I'd pipe in and say that I've not had a problem with it. Anyone else?

Same here, I'm on 4.2 and I've got two pop3 mail accounts that I've configured in the Mail program, they're working fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones