• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Strange happenings with data connection

Hi All.
Can anyone throw some help and advise to what is going on here...?
I have had my HTC Desire S phone for over a year now and has been trouble free. But recently it locked up whilst charging, with the charge light still illuminated with the A/C adapter disconnected and the phone being completely unresponsive.
And so I did a soft reset, removing the battery, replacing it and then powering back up. Everything seemed to be working fine, messaging, phone calls, internet etc.
But here's the strange part... Although the internet worked with a good signal, I got 'Connection Error' for everything else that required web data. For example, Email, the Google Play Store, Wordfeud etc. all had this message error. Even through Wi-Fi these did not work.
I contacted my service provider and even the technician found this a little odd. He then sent me a Text with the latest 'Software update for data connection' and after receiving this (and a quick restart of my phone) everything has worked since.
Can anybody explain what happened and should I have any concerns?
Thanks for reading!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones