Strange Happenings.....

Last Updated:

1. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm not sure if it's an issue with my Desire or my sim card or network (T-Mobile).

Basically, I will have a full signal but if a person tries to call me will be forwarded to my voicemail. I will then receive a text informing me that I have a missed call. :confused:

Also, when calling a contact, there will sometimes be a long delay before it finally connects and begins to ring.

Has anybody else had either of the above?

Advertisement
  2. trevytrev

trevytrev Well-Known Member

Yes had both, also sometimes when I make a call it'll look like it's going to connect then just make like a 'plunk' sound and the person will be disconnected. All three are a complete mystery! It's the missed call one that really aggravates me though.

3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

did someone mention once if a sync is going on, calls don't always come through? Not sure if Im making that up.

I do get voicemails when my phone has signal sometimes though, but its not happened for a while.
    I also sometimes get long times until connect.

Im on o2.

4. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry to hear others have had the same and similar situation. Although I'm glad I'm not alone.

What network are you on Trev?

Interesting point about the syncing, Dan. I'll have to look into that.

5. w0bbl3r

w0bbl3r Well-Known Member

I used to get that on T-mo aaaaallllll the time with my old SE phone, the 'solution' was to turn 3g off and stick to GSM, which worked. Cust Services implied it was the phone (of course) rather than the network.

Thankfully haven't had that issue so far on my Desire, still on T-mo.

6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Not confirmed just people suggesting maybe:

Found these 2 threads

http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/82002-desire-getting-missed-calls-but-phone-not-ringing.html

http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/78554-call-goe-strait-o2-voice-mail-even-when-not-use.html

7. trevytrev

trevytrev Well-Known Member

I'm on Orange, but it's an unbranded phone. My wife's got the same phone, unbranded on Orange she doesn't seem to suffer or just doesn't complain about it!

8. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Wrong way round ;)

on 2G you cant have data and calls at the same time. Only vodafone cancel data to give calls priority.

The solution is use 3G when available.

9. tef89

tef89 Well-Known Member

I know what you're saying in terms of 2G (GSM) blocking the call while under data use but this issue is sometimes corrected by forcing the phone to use only the GSM band (obviously not while data is being used) in situations where there is an issue with the 3G signal.