• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Strange Icon in status bar

M Bentley

Lurker
Feb 8, 2015
Hello,

I got a Samsung Note 3 and I need help with an icon problem that I just got on the phone.
Can anyone tell me what this icon is for something? I installed "wshetroot" and "l5" now I cant find them but I still got this icon, How can I turn it off? and where do I deleted those "programs"?

Best
okoqv4.jpg

Hello M Bentley!
Welcome!
I believe that icon is for the "SmartStay" setting. It allows the screen to stay on as long as you are looking at the screen.
Exactly where that setting is, I'm not sure as I do not have that device.
Edit: found how to enable or disable "smartStay"
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00057012/73910/SM-N900TZKETMB ;)

As far as removing programs, do you refer to "wshetroot" and "l5" ??

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello Mikestony,

Thank you for a fast reply and some good help. For a guy that uses iPhone I appreciate all the help I can get on Android phones.

Well I tried to install Dr.Fone for Android on the computer then when I tried to make a recovery on lost messages it came "install l5 but the phone don't recommend it" after I press "install" it came the same thing but for "wshetroot" when I googled it I couldent find much so.
But I need to recover lost messages on a old work phone and its a "samsung note 3" maybe you have a better way?

Best regards
Bentley

Upvote 0
Ah ok cool.
The reason I ask, is because this thread will turn into a totally different discussion than what the thread title indicates, and therefore you may not get all the help you need;)

So, what I recommend, is starting a thread in this forum here:
http://androidforums.com/forums/android-news-talk.12/
about your Dr Fone issue as I don't think its device specific;)

and then leave this thread alone.

Just a suggestion:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones