• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Strange icon on home screen and lock screen

TB2Blazer

Lurker
Dec 7, 2012
I have this icon on my home screen and lock screen that when pressed disables my touch screen. The icon looks like a remote control it has a round button in the top left then below that is 6 dashes (2 rows of 3 one top of the other) then below that is a plus sign. The icon itself is somewhat transparent. I have never seen it before and just showed up this morning when I turned my phone on. I have not installed any new programs. All the other external buttons work like the home button and the screen lock button and volume buttons but I can't unlock my screen with swipe or press any of the application buttons on my phone. Also, does anyone know of a good wifi protection app?

Last edited:
I have this icon on my home screen and lock screen that when pressed disables my touch screen. The icon looks like a remote control and is somewhat transparent. I have never seen it before and just showed up this morning when I turned my phone on. I have not installed any new programs. All the other external buttons work like the home button and the screen lock button and volume buttons but I can't unlock my screen with swipe or press any of the application buttons on my phone. Also, does anyone know of a good wifi protection app?

It is for quick access to the Peel remote. See, What the heck is this floating App that just showed up today?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones