Strange icons on top right cornerSupport

Last Updated: 2011-10-27 14:27:27
  1. Grimtyrant

Grimtyrant New Member

Greetings! I am sorry for this dumb question, but this is my first android phone. There are two vertical points(arrows) on oposite direction with big "E" on top. And please if there is a guide with all fabric icons give me a link. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. gabeyong

gabeyong Well-Known Member

Hi,

I think you need to read the Xperia X8 User Manual

Hit the link Xperia X8 User Manual <--

read up, coffee and cookies required :)

cheers :)

Do or do Not... there is no Try - Yoda
  3. HaN6787

HaN6787 Well-Known Member

That icon means your phone currently online using EDGE. arrows pointing up means uploading data is running, and vice versa.
  4. porio

porio New Member

Sometimes the '3G' on top of the arrows changes to 'H'.
    What does it mean? (BTW, I already looked the manual! It only says about 'G', 'E' and '3G')
  5. gabeyong

gabeyong Well-Known Member

H stands for HSDPA
    HSDPA is a protocol for mobile telephone data transmission, it is faster than 3G

3G standards can reach a "theoretical" data transfer rates of up to 2-4 megabits per second
    HSDPA can achieve a "theoretical" data transmission speeds of 8-10 megabits per second

but in the practical world it is much slower...

E15i = HSPA 900 (Band VIII)
    E15a = HSPA 850 (Band V)

cheers :)
  6. juggernaut22kk

juggernaut22kk New Member

Hi! One day I also had this icon & since then, battery life seems to drain faster than before I got the icon. I searched the net for a while & stumbled upon a quick solution. Just go to...settings/wireless & network/mobile network. Just "uncheck" data traffic. If it's checked, the phone seems to always check the type of network signal, so, we sometimes get the arrow+symbol E, G, etc. After doing this, you'll get a new icon & notification saying that data trafficking is disabled . Just press the "clear button" in your notification drop-down. My phone's battery is back to normal now... :)
  7. hansis

hansis Active Member

I also have a new symbol on the top of my screen which appeared today. The only way I can describe it is that itt looks like a mini tv screen on a slant with three dark buttons and a small cable either side. I have no idea what it is for.