Strange Issue when typing a Whatsapp or Viber messageSupport

Last Updated:

1. the1goalie

the1goalie New Member

Hi Folks

After a little help, i have an issue with both whatsapp and Viber, when trying to type a message no letter appear, the keyboard does react to touch but you need to go out and back into the message before you can actually type anything.

any ideas? Ive done a factory reset etc but problem is still there.

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Can't say it's something I've noticed, sorry!

Are you using the stock keyboard or another? Also, what software version is your phone on currently?

I'm using swiftkey, but I'll switch the standard KB and see if I can replicate the problem. :)
  3. the1goalie

the1goalie New Member

Yes im using the stock keyboard and on stock version 14.1.G.2.257

ive noticed it only occurs when you access the apps from the app switcher button?
  4. El Presidente

I've been using the stock keyboard for a day and I can't say I've noticed it happen to me, sorry.

Do you want to try an alternative keyboard?
  5. the1goalie

the1goalie New Member

Hi Thanks for trying

ive used a few different keyboards now but with the same results, it seems like opening any apps via the app switcher button is the problem. As though it isnt refreshing the app you are opening.

I'll just stop using this method of opening up them, but thanks for your help
  6. paras90

paras90 New Member

Hey guys, I am also facing the same problem ......... everything seems alright.... but whenever we type.... text dos'ntappear on the screen..... i need to go back and open the chat box again to type the text.
  7. El Presidente

I can't offer a fix, but I did notice this happen to me once over the weekend (first time ever though).
  8. xacto

xacto Well-Known Member

I noticed (past two days) that the phone's vibration for the soft buttons and keyboard's vibrating also stops randomly, and I am also using SwiftKey.
  9. the1goalie

the1goalie New Member

Hi All

are you using any password protection apps to secure Whatsapp/Viber? I found this was the issue on my phone and once removed everything worked perfectly again, now using AppLock and still everything is ok.

hope it helps
    El Presidente likes this.
  10. xacto

xacto Well-Known Member

I'm not using any passwords with Whatsapp, but I've read on xda forums that a lot of users are facing inconsistency regarding Z1's vibrating motor. Usually putting the phone on a flat surface for 10-20 seconds brings vibration back.
  11. tkalfaoglu

tkalfaoglu Member

I have the same issue -- when I receive a message from whatsapp, I cannot type back. It must have been some swiftkey update that caused it..
    If I kill whatsapp, and restart it, I can type just fine..
  12. tkalfaoglu

tkalfaoglu Member

Nope, I'm not.