Support Strange music app behavior...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Samsonian, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Samsonian

Samsonian New Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Hello everyone. New here, please help.

I recently purchased an HTC Droid Incredible 2 with Gingerbread (2.3.4) on it. I have noticed some rather strange behavior with the music app. If it is playing a song, and I go to youtube to play a video, there is no automatic pause. Sounds start coming from both the music player and the youtube video.

The songbird app has similar behavior. In fact, it doesn't pause/stop when I go to the stock music player. Both songs (from songbird and from the stock music player) start playing. This is a little annoying. Is this normal behavior or can it be fixed?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    VIP Member

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    I would try clearing the data on the stock music app. You can do this by going to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All tab > Music > Clear Data.

Otherwise, I would recommend you replace your stock music player with something that will autopause when you load another audio player.

3. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    VIP Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    I have moved this thread to the Incredible 2 forum, hopefully samsonian your question will be answered, if jero hasnt already answered your question for you.