Strange Non-responsive Touch Screen (Only Part of the Dialer)Support

Last Updated:

1. tennisdmd

tennisdmd New Member This Topic's Starter

So my EVO screen is unresponsive only when I use the dialer (keys 7, 8, 9 in stock dialer and 4, 5, 6 when I tried dialer one). Last I recall this was not an issue when using Fresh 0.5.3 but first emerged when i switched to Fresh 1.01. I promptly returned to Fresh 0.5.3 and the problem was gone. Within the last several weeks, I switched to a 2.2 ROM (Fresh 3.2) and the problem wasn't there until recently when I began flashing different ROMs to try. Anyone run into this a similar non-responsive touch screen only in certain apps and areas? The area of the screen is fine in other apps, it seems to be limited to the dialer.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

Did you wipe everything before you went to flashing different roms?

3. tennisdmd

yeah I have, pretty much before every ROM I try I just wipe to keep things simple. I even switched from Clockwork to Amon Ra since theres murmurs of clockwork not wiping correctly.

4. tennisdmd

bump anybody?

5. nickouellette1

nickouellette1 New Member

Im having the same problem, although I just replaced the digitizer myself due to a cracked screen. The funny thing is... the 7,8,9 part of the screen is ONLY unrepsosive when using the dialer... I can use the virtual keyboard to text without many problems.. i just cannot dial a phone number with 7,8,9 in it. VERY frustrating