Strange PCode and firmware questionSupport

1. miotch

miotch New Member

Hey all,

New to this forum, so first of all hi :)
    I did post this issue in another thread but have a funny feeling I have a separate problem of my own.

The problem I'm having is with some inconsistencies with my Product Code and firmware.
    The product code for the phone is GT-I9000YKAEIR which caught me by surprise given my phone is a Galaxy Europa i5500 not a Galaxy S i9000.
    The next issue is the firmware installed is the 2.1update1, I5500MET, which should be correct as I'm with Meteor in Ireland.

Of course Kies is giving telling me it can't update the firmware on the device and I'm assuming its due to the product code mismatch, both for the device model and the firmware type (EIR vs. MET).

I also tried reinstalling the preconfig using the *#272*IMEI# method, which shows my sales codes as MET, but when I click install it just tells me that I need to enter 3 characters but it won't let me change anything...

I'll admit I'm pretty new to all this so apologies for any stupid questions in the above, but I've been searching the net for two days and can't find any info on an incorrect product code model number...

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
    :