Strange problem

Last Updated:

1. AndroidNEW-B

AndroidNEW-B Active Member This Topic's Starter

This is a strange problem, Whenever I plug in & unplug my ear piece my music starts playing (ringtones I have downloaded) How do I stop this? Seems to happen almost every time I unplug my ear piece, Its anoying! And sometimes it will start playing them when i plug it in also. It happened once when I was on a call and I lost the call because of it.. Please help.

Advertisement
  2. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

disable your music player?

3. AndroidNEW-B

How do I do that? I have looked and didnt see anyway to turn it off or disable it.

4. AndroidNEW-B

Or better yet, how do you delete stuff in the music section? like the crappy music that came in the phone/play list. I have hit the menu button on the songs and cant fine anything to delete the stuff that is in there.

5. AndroidNEW-B

Or better yet, how do you delete stuff in the music section? like the crappy music that came in the phone/play list. I have hit the menu button on the songs and cant fine anything to delete the stuff that is in there.

6. sprucebeach

sprucebeach Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem. I use the music player early in the day while exercising, then stop it by pressing pause. If I later make a phone call using the headset plugged into the socket on top, when I unplug the headset after completing the call the music player begins playing through the speaker although the player isn't visible. It doesn't happen every time, and it doesn't seem to matter whether I exit the phone function or not before unplugging. I don't have a clue about why it's happening or what I have to do to prevent it.

7. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

The easiest way to do it would be to get the advanced task killer. Search for it in the market, it's free.

Once it installs, open it up and it'll give you your selections, make sure music is checked, then click kill selected apps. As long as ATKiller is checked it will also kill the app so it's not running in the background.

There's a more complicated way to kill the music player, but i figure you want to easy way, so...yea.

As far as deleting music... Menu>all programs>music. Click the button on the bottom left corner of the screen that looks like 3 lines. Find whatever you're looking to delete and long press it until the pop up comes up. click delete and confirm. You're done.

An easier way to do this would be to mount it to your pc and add/delete whatever music you want...

AndroidNEW-B likes this.
  8. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

Post Script: I don't use headphones with my music player, so i'm not sure if that would actually work, but you should put the music widget on one of your screens either way, it just makes things easier as far as music listening is concerned.

9. sprucebeach

I appreciate the responses but the problem isn't stopping the music. I can easily run ATK, which I do have, or bring up the music player and stop it. The problem is that the music player starts running at all. When I'm out in public I don't want the music player to randomly start playing through the speaker after I finish a phone call with my headset. And I don't want to have to run ATK before making a call to make sure that music player isn't active. (Actually I don't know if that will work anyway - I'm not sure if the player has to be active for it to start up after a call.)

10. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

I'm temped to dig out a pair of headphones just to see if it does it on my phone... I'll do that and let you know later on today.

11. AndroidNEW-B

Thanks Sixxx!

12. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

download Astro, or another file manager, and sort through your SD card and delete those BS stock music/wallpaper files.

13. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

Ok. When i plug my headphones in nothing happens except showing that they're plugged in on the notification bar. When i hit play on my music player, music plays through the, then upon removing the headphones the music player automatically pauses. I'm using the music player widget from uhhhhhhhh... Android. Which one are you using? If you're using one of the HTC ones try the android one, maybe that will fix the problem?

14. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

Also, what kind of headset are you using? I'll make a phone call either with my phone or bluetooth to see if this makes a difference with the music player. Headphones out, and make a call right? Explain the process exactly to me so i can duplicate it and see what happens.

15. sprucebeach

I'm using the stock HTC music player and listening to it with a bluetooth headset. Nothing unusual happens at that end except for the presumably unrelated problem that sometimes the sound stops even though the player's counter continues to run and I have to reboot the phone to get the sound back.

When I'm finished listening I press pause on the player and back-arrow out and go about my day's business. At some later point I make a call using a wired headset plugged into the socket on the top of the phone. I end the call with by pressing End call. Sometimes I go back to the home screen, sometimes I let the screen time out on the phone screen - I haven't been able to link the problem to a particular pattern of behavior. But whatever I might do, when I afterwards unplug the headset from the socket the music player sometimes resumes playing what I had been playing earlier. The player screen doesn't appear - I have to press the player widget to bring it up so that I can pause it again. It doesn't happen every time - perhaps one time out of three.

The wired headset is by Body Glove. I got it around the same time I upgraded to 2.1, so I can't say whether this is related to the new version.

16. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

Try using the Android music player instead. I have a bluetooth headset but i don't think it can be used to listen to music...

17. sprucebeach

Perhaps it is related to the player, although it certainly shouldn't be happening. How do I get the Android player on my Hero? I don't see it in the market.

I can both listen to music and take phone calls on my bluetooth headset, which is made by Anycom.

18. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

Long press on a screen and select widgets, it should be in there. You need a 1x4 space to house it. I have it on top of my 2nd screen with my power widgets under it.

19. sprucebeach

It me a while to try it with the Android player but the behavior is the same. When I remove the headset plug the player unpauses. What an irritating problem!