strange problems with my Xplay?Support

Last Updated:

1. o2guy

o2guy New Member

Hi people, well i had a quick look using good old google to see if i could find out a solution for my problem but i couldnt, so here goes. Was playing on my xperia play and noticed it needed charging, went to get charger and realised it wasnt charging, then it turned off [dead] so i grabbed my charger again and went to connect it to my play but noticed the orange light didnt come on [next to the power button] and also that the phone didnt automatically turn on to a charg icon on the screen, ive tried taking the battery out and leaving it for a good 10/15 mintues and also leaving it connected to the charger but again nothing. if i try switching it on the light next to the power button flashed red about 3 times and nothing else.

Also another strange thing if i do leave it charged the phone switches on the and goes through the motions and gets to the Sony Ercsson logo and then goes off and i noticed it seemed to do this again and again.

[NOTE] Just connected my phone to the laptop and after fildling with the cable [windows kept saying unreconised usb device] its now popped up with the charging icon on the phone and with the charging light next to the power button.

Whats going on my phone? could it have anything to do with what ive downloaded on my phone?? is there anyway of factory settings the phone???

Cheers in advance

jamie

Advertisement
  2. TheGuitarBoss

TheGuitarBoss Well-Known Member

My did that too and I just got a new usb chord. I use a samsung chord and its fine now. You can find them on amazon pretty cheap if you never owned a samsung
  3. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member