strange push download on AF

Last Updated:

1. theisonews

theisonews Well-Known Member

On this forum, at random it wants me to d/l a file named push.

2. JJ_Azevedo

JJ_Azevedo Well-Known Member

ive had that too but i never downloaded it i just ignore it
  3. Ubercharrge

Ubercharrge Well-Known Member

Push as in... Push Ad notifications? :eek:
  4. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Hi theisonews,

I moved your thread to the Suggestion Box and Feedback forum so the forum Admin (Phases) could see this.

Edit: moved back. OP wanted it left here.
  5. theisonews

theisonews Well-Known Member

Thanks Sammy. I forgive you.
    sammyz likes this.
  6. ninjasinabag

ninjasinabag Well-Known Member

push is a web script, its dependent on browser. go to settings/accessibility options and untack install web scripts
    EarlyMon likes this.
  7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

This is not a Motion root issue.

This belongs here in the Suggestion Box so it can receive proper attention from admin, not a copy. Sorry.

Please tell us what pc or phone platform and browser this is happening with, thanks! :)
    ninjasinabag, D-U-R-X and sammyz like this.
  8. ninjasinabag

this usually happens on the stock android browser, and version of android (I first noticed this on froyo on the HTC magic). it does not cause issues, but it will eat up ram as it gets bundled with the browser.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  9. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Is your stock set to something besides the default mobile setting?

I ask because usually that just pops up a message saying you can use an app instead of a browser.

I'll try different settings on my HTC stock browser and see if I can re-create this - thanks for the info! :)
  10. ninjasinabag

no, my magic was a testbed for various ROMs and the push notification has been persistent.

the last time I saw this notification was shortly after I flashed gingeryoshi. I thought push became defunct and went out of style. I'll do a look see at the data, let you know if anything interesting shows.
    EarlyMon likes this.