Strange question about screen...Support

Last Updated:

1. allbutlost

allbutlost Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't have a screen protector applied to my phone, but upon close inspection today, I couldn't help but notice the screen sort of looks like it already has one.

I tried picking at the edge but wasn't able to determine if that was the case or not. It seems pretty solid, leading me to believe it wasn't a screen protector, but at the same time it still really looks like there's one there.

Maybe I'm just insane...

Did anyone else's come with a screen protector already on it, or is this just the way the screen looks?

Advertisement
  2. huntleth

huntleth Well-Known Member

Yeah, a very good quality and very well applied screen protector is on every handset :)

allbutlost likes this.
  3. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Yep, they come with one already on. I was unaware too which is why I bought another and stuck it on, so have two on now, but after a couple of incidents I'm so glad I do.

allbutlost likes this.
  4. spikeithard

spikeithard Well-Known Member

I see what you mean. it almost looks like a sticker over it. but i dont know if it is a protector. anyone else?

5. allbutlost

I had got one in the beginning because it came with my rubber bumper, and I tried to put it on but it NEVER stuck correctly, and so I just removed it and figured I'd go it without one.

It might make sense that there's one already on it and that may be why the second one never stuck correctly...

Glad yours did :p lol

6. allbutlost

and thanks guys :)

7. X10iUser

That's exactly what it is.

8. MrWomble

MrWomble Well-Known Member

allbutlost likes this.
  9. X10iUser

Me too, after my sister in law opened my brothers toolbox which rained a load of screws and nails on top of it, and about two weeks ago my satnavs charger, due to it's position sprung back and hit the screen, enough to pierce the top protecter.

10. allbutlost

I had some more screen protectors shipped in via ebay and they just arrived, so I felt like a semi-idiot once I realized there might be one on it already :p But now I'll try to fit one of them on it anyway.

11. X10iUser

There's a few people that have taken them off, based mainly on their misinterpretation of "scratch resistant", which they seem to think means "scratch proof".

12. allbutlost

oy. no no no, lol

This also explains why my screen attracts so much grease from my fingers ... I have pretty oily skin and screen protectors hate me. When I use my husband's phone (which does not have a protector, as he failed miserably to get the one on that was shipped with it in the box, it was not factory-applied), I don't get the issue. Same went for my former iPod Touch which was fine until I put a protector on it and then BAM, grease everywhere all the time.

Damn my skin.

13. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

Yes it does as others have said but I have been saying it comes fitted with one for months yet all I got back before was "Mine was in the box" :D

And when my X10 got ran over it stayed on the screen, so it must be tough :p

14. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

There was a debate a few weeks/months back whether the screen had a protector or not. This was settled when someone's screen broke, and he confirmed it had a screen protector and uploaded a photo. Also powerkiter also confirmed this when his screen sadly broke too